Done??

Done for the moment at least.  I need a break away from this bird for a few days, or weeks because I'm starting to go cross eyed working on it lol I think the next etching will be smaller. I like working big, it just takes so long to do. Some people don't actually realize how much work can go into printmaking, they think its just making lots of copy of art, and yeah it is, but a person can spend days (weeks) working on the plates to make those prints. And that is why some artists ask for a lot of money for the prints they create to try to make the time spent creating worth it. Don't get me wrong, money is great, but I do etchings because I love it, not because I think I will ever make a lot of money at it.

Comments

  1. Another amazing etching, I like how you captured the shadow on the left side.

    Go with a horse etching next, would be interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you :)
      started a small horse today to see if I could etch something other than a bird :p

      Delete
  2. Your work shows your love for it! Marvelous Jen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning! I can't imagine the work, and patience, involved...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks ann :) you kinda zone out working, so it doesn't really feel like work :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer of Colour #3