December/End of Year Book Wrap-Up

So this year I managed to read 87 book, 7 more than my goal so going to up the goal or next year to 90 and see if I can read that much :)


Diamond DogsDiamond Dogs by Alastair Reynolds
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Short and predictable, but there was enough suspense to keep me reading :)



ViciousVicious by V.E. Schwab
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Who wouldn't want a superpower?? Would love to fly, save on air ticket prices :p (The near death experience would suck tho, since according to the story I would probably have to get tossed off a building and wish I could fly :p)

Entertaining to the end, would love a sequel (and I don't say that a lot).

BlanketsBlankets by Craig Thompson
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

A case of good drawings, but the story was very meh :p I don't know, don't get the hype behind this book but kudos for the drawings. He can draw a nice book,, but the stories always seem like an after thought and with comics the story and art really have to blend together.

Saga, Volume 3 (Saga #13-18)Saga, Volume 3 by Brian K. Vaughan
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Still really enjoying this, really love the art. The colouring goes really well with the story and does really well with setting up the moods/feelings of the characters and also the general tone of the story.



Saga, Volume 1 (Saga #1-6)Saga, Volume 1 by Brian K. Vaughan
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Love the art, fast paced and interesting story. Def. not for kids tho :p





Dark EdenDark Eden by Chris Beckett
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

The ending leaves a lot to be desired but over all I found the story enjoyable once the pace picked up.




Ringworld (Ringworld, #1)Ringworld by Larry Niven
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Great concept, crappy characters that I really didn't like :/ Started off interesting, and then just got bogged down by a lot of poorly written science.




Ancillary Sword (Imperial Radch, #2)Ancillary Sword by Ann Leckie
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Enjoyed it just as much as the first :) Not quite 5 stars out of 5, but pretty damn close.

Comments

  1. Well done on exceeding your resolution/goal ... not many of us manage that LOL.

    Wishing you a great evening and a happy (and healthy) New Year

    Suex

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer of Colour #3