May Book Wrap-Up

Probably not going to finish anything else in the next 6 or 7 hours, so this is what I managed to read this month :)

 The Left Hand of Darkness (Hainish Cycle, #4)The Left Hand of Darkness by Ursula K. Le Guin
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I liked it, great world and character building but....too much politics and I think I am sick of hearing about politics since its everywhere with the general election going on. Maybe if I read it in a different year/time I would have enjoyed it more. Did seem like a very abrupt ending after such a build up.


Scott Pilgrim's Precious Little Life (Scott Pilgrim, #1)Scott Pilgrim's Precious Little Life by Bryan Lee O'Malley
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The art goes great with the story, def. full of Canadian humour...hard to explain why tho, it just feels Canadian :p




The Mayor of CasterbridgeThe Mayor of Casterbridge by Thomas Hardy
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Its a Hardy book, you know its going to be depressing, but this wasn't all doom and gloom, some of it is really wonderful to read. Well written characters, even if one of them sells his wife and child :p



Flowers for AlgernonFlowers for Algernon by Daniel Keyes
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Review :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hf3RW...





Neuromancer (Sprawl, #1)Neuromancer by William Gibson
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I guess cyber punk sci-fi is just not for me. What little character development there was felt very rushed, interesting ideas just felt everything was too rushed and not really explained well. I know this is his writing style, but just couldn't get into this book which is a shame since I like the basic ideas, just didn't work for me :(


A Darkling SeaA Darkling Sea by James L. Cambias
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

It really was like an episode of SeaQuest but with more death and destruction :p




Scott Pilgrim Vs. the World (Scott Pilgrim, #2)Scott Pilgrim Vs. the World by Bryan Lee O'Malley
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Thought it was a little more slow paced then the first, but still enjoyed it. prefer the black and white art, colour is just a distraction I think with this story to make up for the week parts in the plot.

Comments

  1. Neuromancer is one of my favourite books of all time. Then again, I read it 25 years ago or so. I think the impact had a lot to do with the fact that the Internet didn't really exist yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so many people love it, so disappointed I didn't :(

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer of Colour #3