Finished Owlet


Yay finished this little guy, I think he/she looks fuzzy enough :) (and sorry for the watermarks on things lately, its mostly so if I post something to pinterest, the post has an artist name to go with it)

I saw someone posting on a linocut group on Facebook, they were using an old mangle to print linocuts. I think it would work to print these with a little modification, but of course there are none for sale around here and they are not something people still keep around. But I will keep looking until we get the bottlejack press built.


I've been going through the prints I have left and listing them in my Etsy store to see if I can get them sold, if not, they will probably end up on the walls in the house, but much rather have someone else buy them of course.

I only have one of the eagle heads above for sale. The plate melted after we tried cleaning it with carb cleaner, so don't do that lol So no more will be printed ever because the plate was destroyed :/ Will be adding more art over the coming days so check back and see what is for sale :) (shameless plug)

Comments

  1. The baby owl is lovely - you did a great job.

    Many printmakers intentionally destroy plates after an edition is run off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah I've broken a few plates before, but have a hard time now since they take so long I can't destroy them lol, I just don't print on from them unless its an open edition :)

      Delete
  2. The owlet is beautiful... And perfectly fuzzy!
    Too bad abou the plate. That is a really good piece.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Michelle :) yeah was sad about the plate being destroyed but live and learn :)

      Delete
  3. Love the owlet! Your prints are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh it is beautiful and looks so fuzzy. You did a great job

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer of Colour #3