June Book Wrap Up (Novels)


So I don't think I will finish Moby Dick by the end of the day, so here are all of the books I read this month. Managed to read 13 books/graphic novels so will break this up into two parts. And as always, book recommendations are always welcome :)

The Three-Body Problem (Three-Body, #1)The Three-Body Problem by Liu Cixin
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

lots of tech talk, and lots of physics, (which I don't really understand lol) but all that makes for a great read if you make it through all of it :) and aliens, and not the little green men type :p


The Picture of Dorian GrayThe Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Beautifully written just felt like it was missing something, more to the plot maybe?. *shrug*



The First Fifteen Lives of Harry AugustThe First Fifteen Lives of Harry August by Claire North
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Groundhog Day but in book form?

I did enjoy this tho, love books that deal with time, and I found Harry to be a likeable character, just not a lot of common sense for a few lives :p

Doomsday Book (Oxford Time Travel, #1)Doomsday Book by Connie Willis
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Full of very stupid people that supposedly have brains somewhere in their head, and this can be very tedious to read since parts of it are repeated a lot. It really only became interesting once the plague shows up, which you knew was going to happen pretty early on so don't think its a spoiler and why one of the main characters did not realize this with all the clues I have no idea. High hopes for this from all the reviews and awards it has won, but I found it way too repetitive and really needed a better editor to get rid of all of the tedious writing..., like really how many time does toilet paper need to be mentioned??

Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal Snogging (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #1)Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal Snogging by Louise Rennison
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

obvs. I am not the target audience for this, but it did have a few funny parts. and jeeze, you forget how mopey and melodramatic teenage girls can be :p



On the Bright Side, I'm Now the Girlfriend of a Sex God (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #2)On the Bright Side, I'm Now the Girlfriend of a Sex God by Louise Rennison
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

I tried reading this, I really did but only made it to page 73. Could not get over how much of an ungrateful brat the main character was. Once again, I know I am not the target demographic for this, and while at 14 I was probably just as melodramatic as any teenager, I would have given my left arm to go to New Zealand :p Then again I was very serious as a kid, probably too serious, and even if I had of read this at 14 I probably would not have finished it.

The Forever War (The Forever War, #1)The Forever War by Joe Haldeman
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Slow to start, but once the basics are covered in the first couple dozens of pages, the pace picks up and I felt it was hard to stop reading. Could have done without the epilogue, but most people like a really happy ending. This is one of those books that learning about he authors life beforehand, actually helps bring life to the story and really makes the events in the book seem more alive.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer of Colour #3