Thursday, July 30, 2015

Finished Tiger

Finished the tiger today, and pretty happy with how it turned out. Spraying it with fixative darkened the colours slightly, but for the better I think. Sometimes spraying with fixative can be risky, the colours can change to the oddest shades sometimes, but since I had no plan really for this piece I wasn't too worried if the colours changed.

And a close up scan of the eye area. This paper is rough and I think you can tell that here with the pencil texture being so rough in the scan. Now, back to etching :)


12 comments:

Chris Lally said...

Wow - worth the wait. This is really beautiful, Jennifer!

Screaming Feline said...

Very intense and magnificent! The roughness of the paper worked well for the fur. :)

Shashi Nayagam said...

Oh wow it is amazing!

Jennifer Rose Phillip said...

thanks Chris :)

Jennifer Rose Phillip said...

thank you :) love this paper for fur, works great :)

Jennifer Rose Phillip said...

thank you Shashi :)

Michelle B. Hendry said...

Those eyes are beautiful and intense.

Ann said...

You should be happy, this is stunning! I really like the texture, it complements the piece.

Sue Clinker said...

Brilliant Jennifer. I know only too well how 'fixative' can screw up a picture but its worked in your favour here. Lovely work.

Jennifer Rose Phillip said...

Thanks Michelle :)

Jennifer Rose Phillip said...

Thank you Ann :)

Jennifer Rose Phillip said...

thanks Sue :)

your recent brush with fixative was in the back of my mind, so was crossing my fingers :)