Book Wrap Up Sept, 5 2015

Finished 2 books this week but to be fare I only had about 200 pages left to read in one of them at the begging of the week :p

Fall on Your KneesFall on Your Knees by Ann-Marie MacDonald
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Yes this took me a while to read, kept putting it down to read something else. not because it was a bad book tho, just one of those books I found easy to put down and pick up to read again. Very good character development. Actually if character development is not your thing, avoid this book. as it is pretty much one big story about how people are effected by small simple acts that people commit and how they can change a whole family. Loved the little bit of Canadian social history we get, not too much to be dry, just enough to show the passing of time and how it is effecting people. Worth a read if you like reading about family dynamics and want to read a Canadian author :)

 Uncle Tom's CabinUncle Tom's Cabin by Harriet Beecher Stowe
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

not the most well written of stories but very powerful in the way it clearly illustrates slavery and how people are effected by it in many ways.

View all my reviews


TBR for the coming week :)

 Babel-17 by Samuel R. Delany

A sci fi classic I keep meaning to read. Slowly working my way through classic sci fi books. Some have not aged well :p 







 The Dark Forest (Three Body #2) byLiu Cixin

More recent sci fi but not a light read at over 500 pages :p








2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Jennifer has read 70 books toward her goal of 90 books.
hide

Comments

  1. Interesting books. I've been picking up and putting down a book that I've been reading for a while, but it sounds like the one you were reading lends itself better to that than mine does...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not read any of those books. I am still trying to catch up on all the reading I haven't done. Some sci-fi has dated terribly, yet other books could be contemporary. It's like watching shows on TV with giant bricks of mobile phones!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. some old sci fi is worth reading just to get a laugh over how badly its aged lol

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer of Colour #3