Friday, December 18, 2015

Shiny 2

I had no idea what to put on the long plate, its such an odd shape. Could have done a landscape, but none of the images I had really seemed to fit the shape so just ended up drawing a flamingo on it lol Very rough images so I have some lines to go from and am not just etching blindly.

I don't know how I am going to show progress photos of these since the lines might not show up in the metal when etched. Might have to wait to show the final images when I print them to see if they need any more work.

8 comments:

Gary L. Everest said...

Jennifer,
Either way, we're all looking forward to seeing the finished art.
Have fun with the project.
Sincerely,
Gary

RH Carpenter said...

Looking like a very good start - it will be interesting to see how these turn out for you :)

Lisa Isabella Russo said...

What a wonderful idea to etch a flamingo on the long narrow one! I am looking forward to seeing more...

Jennifer Rose Phillip said...

thanks Gary :) I should be able to do test prints at home sine the book press I have is big enough to print these metal plates :)

Jennifer Rose Phillip said...

thanks Rhonda :)

Jennifer Rose Phillip said...

thank you Lisa :) I don't think there was anything else that was going to fit such an odd shape lol

Sue Clinker said...

Good choice for that shape. I've got a frame/mount that is long and narrow like this and wandering what to draw to fit it ...

Jennifer Rose Phillip said...

A giraffe? Now I kind of wish I had of drawn a giraffe on it lol