Top 5 Books from 2015

The top 5 books I read in 2015. Its actually very hard to choose one book over another if they were both really good books, but if I found one book more memorable than the other, it made the list.

5.Rat Queens, Vol. 1: Sass & SorceryRat Queens, Vol. 1: Sass & Sorcery by Kurtis J. Wiebe
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

A PG13 version of D&D :p




4.The Tenant of Wildfell HallThe Tenant of Wildfell Hall by Anne Brontë
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Slow to start but hard to put down once the story really starts.




3.North and SouthNorth and South by Elizabeth Gaskell
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Like Pride and Prejudice, but not as posh :p





2.Moby-Dick; or, The WhaleMoby-Dick; or, The Whale by Herman Melville
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Yes this is very wordy and took a little longer than I would have liked to read, but I never found it boring. Its full of a lot of info about whaling in the 1850's, which while a horrible thing, interesting to read about the process and the thoughts people had on whales. The ending is very fitting character wise but I can't say why without giving the ending away :p

Probably not a book for everyone since it is very wordy and has a very slow build up, but enjoyed every word myself :)

1.LolitaLolita by Vladimir Nabokov
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Beautifully written. such wonderful prose for such a dark subject matter.

View all my reviews

Comments

  1. Hats off to you for reading so many books last year! And hats off to you for these great recommendations. Hard to choose which one to pick-up first!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, probably don't start with Moby Dick. great book, just very long :p

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer of Colour #3