Saturday, October 22, 2016

Weekly Book Review

A User Guide to the Creative MindA User Guide to the Creative Mind by Dave Birss
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Quick,easy to read. If you are really stuck for an idea it might help you. The author talks about spending a lot of time thinking and talking in the pub, so might appeal to some people :p (or turn you into an alcoholic lol)





DockwoodDockwood by Jon McNaught


not much to the plot, but visually it is nice to look at :) I think because the lack of an eventful plot, and the simple art style, you end up with a greater small to




The ArrivalThe Arrival by Shaun Tan
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The art in this book is beautiful. There is no text, so you focus more on the art, which tells the story. I honestly didn't notice the lack of text, the art is just so mesmerizing. I can't imagine how long it took to create this, def a labour of love. Recommended if you want to try a different sort of comic/graphic novel.



Currently reading:


The Lie Tree
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com

2016 Reading Challenge

2016 Reading Challenge
Jennifer has read 79 books toward her goal of 100 books.
hide

2 comments:

Lisa Isabella Russo said...

Thank you for the most excellent reviews!

2paw said...

I haven't been reading much, but this week the new Paul McCartney biography came and it is awfully thick so I have to read like the clappers to finish it in three weeks. Shaun Tan: Book week books, that's why I know him!!