Saturday, June 03, 2017

Weekly Book Wrap Up

Thing Explainer: Complicated Stuff in Simple WordsThing Explainer: Complicated Stuff in Simple Words by Randall Munroe
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I found this pretty fun to read. Yes, it could have explained things talked about in the book with the actual names and descriptors but I found it more fun with some of things being talked about to guess what he was talking about. Made me laugh a few times with the tiny hidden gags. Choosing to only to use 10 hundred words to describe things in the book is a nice gimmick but also made me realize people need to broaden their vocabulary (ironically, not on the list :p)

View all my reviews

Jennifer's bookshelf: currently-reading

The Lie Tree
tagged: currently-reading
In Cold Blood
tagged: currently-reading
War and Peace
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com

2017 Reading Challenge

2017 Reading Challenge
Jennifer has read 18 books toward her goal of 40 books.
hide

2 comments:

Lisa Isabella Russo said...

I'm glad you enjoyed the book, limiting the vocabulary sounds like an interesting choice.

Jennifer Rose Phillip said...

Lisa, I needed a break from serious books and this worked really well for that break :)