New Zealand Part 5

So we hopped on a ginormous ferry [and it is a word...stupid firefox dictionary] to go from Wellington [THE windiest place in all of NZ] [sidenote Alberta is windier in my opinion] (AB isnt in NZ though :P >> Mr Fuzzy) on the North Island to Picton on the South Island ( some Kiwis find "on the X island" annoying as in their opinion it should be "in the X Island")

It was REALLY cold once we got out of the harbour in Wellington, we tried sitting at the front of the ship but then we were cold so we went inside for the rest of the voyage (3 hours!!). Being evil I started swaying in front of Mr Fuzzy, but I had to stop as he turned very green and promised to aim any vomit at me. The boat had stabilisers to limit the sea sickness effect on people but my deliberate swaying tipped the balance almost; MUhahaha - mine is an evil laugh [damn evil woman...hmmm wheres my cattleprod?? >> Mr Fuzzy]. Then all of a sudden Mr Fuzzy notices tall pieces of land so we bolted outside - LAND HO!!

So Picton....we spent the first couple of hours trying to find somewhere to stay [yes we should have booked ahead....meh we were being "spontaneous"] but finally we found somewhere about 4 miles outside of town, where when we got there and the batty old lady who owned the place saw us for the first time, she scowled and decided to move us...to the ugliest room ever painted with the most squeaky bed ever made.....her husband was weird too :/ being tired we couldnt be bothered cooking so we ate out in a nice restaurant in town. Next day we filled the car with fuel and Mr Fuzzy found that one of the tyres was going kinda flat so once reinflated we headed off.

[Someone in the hostel was from Port Rowan which isnt far from Pt Dover at all......very odd, though Mr.Fuzzy met a guy in Thames who was from Carnoustie which isnt far from here either....small, small world]

And I almost got flattened trying to take this picture. I forgot that cars were on the other side of the road than in Canada so I made a quick retreat back to the car when Mr.Fuzzy yelled at me that I was going to get run over :p I wish I had of taken more pictures so people could have gotten a better idea of the scale of the area.

So the first time we stayed in Christchurch we didn't do much but walk around (yeah we did a lot of walking because it was free and and neither of us really like doing the typical backpacking things so we were boring walking around a lot :p), and visit the botanical gardens. Wonderful garden, lots to look at and very clean.

There were fountains scattered all around the grounds (no dirty jokes :p) I also managed to scare some old lady into thinking I was dangerously nuts (I know I'm nuts but I is not dangerous :P ) by singing the Tank Girl rendition of Birds do it, bees do it. I swung my arms waaaaaay out wide at the "LEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTTTTS fall in looooooooove!!!...she stayed a gooood distance away after that :P

Gorgeous sundial.

Random picture of me hiding in my yellow hoodie. I loved that thing. Was big and comfy and hey no one could ever lose me in a crowd :p

Ducks at the garden. There were lots of ducklings waddling around. Was very cute :D (hmmm maybe it was the yellow hoodie that turned the ducks into killer stalker ducks.......)

Next:

Timaru, road signs with varying distances, furry boulders and Dunedin :)

Links:

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4

Comments

  1. great photo's I love the ducks and the garden shot with the huge copper tree in the background.
    sounds like a great trip

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a great trip :) There were ducks everywhere, kinda unnerving when they started to follow me around though :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Killer ducks hey ;) great pics again...gardens look lovely and those mountains look pretty awesome..I don't think it is a good idea to make someone seasick...could be very yuckly!!! :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah probably would not have been a pretty sight, but he didn't know if he got seasick or not so I wanted to test to see if he did :p pretty mean of me I guess lol ;) but at least we found out he didn't get seasick which is a necessity with me as I love boats :D I've only felt ill once and that was on a little lobster boat when it stopped and the sea was pretty rough. Dad said I went pretty green but have never done that before or since *knocks on wood* :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer of Colour #3