KA-BOOOOM!!!

Copyright Jennifer Rose Phillip

Finished Halloween dragons yay! Just need to get a better picture or a scan and then I will have prints. Very simple drawing but I like it. Now onto a dog drawing (if I can find it) and a few horse drawings.

So last night I was reading in bed, Mr.Fuzzy was on the computer and we both heard this loud bang. I thought something had fallen in the bathroom, he thought something had fallen in the kitchen. We could not figure out what made the noise and went to bed. Well that was until I went to get some ice cream (diet be damned!) and saw this:

The loud bang was a can exploding. We forgot it was in the freezer so now we have this lovely mess to clean up. At least there wasn't a lot in the freezer. Ice cream, french fries and frozen chicken (we don't freeze a lot of food. Buy most things the day we need them).

The perpetrator. The tab just blew. Dad use to freeze pop all the time and it would only freeze when he went to open it so had to pour it very quick before it froze in the can.

So lesson of the day, don't freeze pop :p (this is the second pop that has exploded this week. The first was in the car, and leaked all over the mats (weirdly just a pinhole and usually they are fine, either go solid or freeze up when you open them....thinner metal more recently??...yep steel that now is as bendable as alu...sneaky :S >> Mr F) Hmm maybe its a sign to lay off the pop lol (yeah like that will happen - MrF) A few months ago one exploded when Mr.Fuzzy opened it after it had been sitting in the hot car all day (stupid) His ears were ringing for awhile after that (think loud bang aka bomb-blast in a very confined space, cool but potentially deadly / blinding - MrF )

Comments

  1. Anonymous2:54 am

    I love the finished halloween picture! Those colors are so nice and really make it look great. I like the way you did the pumpkins the best!

    And it really makes me laugh about the pop can! I knew they exploded, but not that violently.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on finishing so quickly... I must go work on my horse covers that I'm avoiding...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pot with the green liquid, haha. looks great for halloween.....Never exploded a can. I am pretty good at doing that with sparkly wine, Getting one of those corks flying into your face hurts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the completed work.

    I never knew can would explode in the freezer or heat... so a lesson learned today

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic finish to your Halloween illustration! :)

    I had a 2 litre bottle of Coke explode once but that was from sitting in storage in the heat of summer....the gas expanded, I guess....was a total pain to clean up. I hate sticky surfaces!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer of Colour #3