Sunday, November 09, 2008

Scales are Driving Me Insane!!

Got another treasury on Etsy today :) Needed the colour after the grey day we had here :/


So I started to put all the scales on the dragon :/ I'm glad this isn't bigger or I would have probably not put scales on it :p Lots left to do. More scales, more rock piles and the face. He looks a little blasé here so I will be adding scales to his face, maybe another horn, and using a needle to give him a nose and a scowling mouth. I'm hoping that his head doesn't actually fall off as I didn't stick any wire in it and then stick that into the body to help support it. It shouldn't fall off as I attached it with lots of Sculpey, so fingers crossed :p

Now the question is do I leave this after it has been cooked, paint it white, go get some acrylics, or get some kind of gloss medium to use either over the white or the colours?

3 comments:

tlc illustration said...

It looks lovely white, but your work is usually so colorful I can totally see it painted in 'your' colors.

Vic said...

Personally I think your dragon would look great with some colours, maybe something pearlscent or glittery to show off the beautiful dragon scales.

Stacy said...

Wow, this dragon is amazing! I can't believe it started from that little piece of aluminum foil. I don't know what to recommend regarding the color. I bet it would look nice with color, but it looks good white too. Decisions...decisions... :)