Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Scottish Word of the Week Feb, 9, 2010

Wondering how the kitty got on top of the door? Didn't fall out of the window. Climbed up the wall, but I didn't get the camera out in time. The cat doesn't even live there lol, it lives next door. A lot of cats around here can climb the walls (can't find a old post on the topic), its not as rare as a lot of news places like to think it is.

This weeks theme for the photo of the week is flowers/hearts, chosen by Mary. There aren't any flowers around right now, and spring time can't come soon enough, and I don't really have a lot of hearts in the flat either. But here is a little trinket box with a heart on it and a claddagh ring. One of two that we bought when we were in New Zealand. Need to tie string around the ring so it doesn't fall off.

This weeks word:

1. ingin

Answer to last weeks word:

1. to rax is stretching a part of the body, or to sprain a body part

9 comments:

2paw said...

Wow, cats can climb so high, they need need lives!!!
Very appropriate trinkets for the theme.
Autumn can't come quickly enough for me!!!

Tweed Delights said...

Ooooh, I don't know all these Scottish words - we speak a little differently up here in the Hebrides :)

Serena said...

Cats make excellent climbers.

Nice pics! I didn't have a lot of hearts around my house either so I went for a nature heart instead. I have a claddagh cross that I love.

Sandy said...

ohh a climbing wall cat, cool. I like your Scottish word of the week. It's good to learn another "language"..

Michelle (artscapes) said...

Cats are too funny... I like the light in that pic...

Linda Fleming said...

And how does the cat get down?!?

What a pretty box and ring.

Ingin? Again?

Leslie Hawes said...

Ingin...not a kowboy.

MaryO said...

I'm chuckling over Leslie's comment.
But I love that box, was it a Valentine gift?
I had never heard of a cat climbing a wall...curtains maybe but not the wall. Neat picture!

Jennifer Rose said...

cindy, i keep forgetting the seasons are the opposite there :) but Autumn would be nice, not too cold or too hot

alison, and there is such a huge difference in how some scottish words are pronounced in different counties.

thanks serena :)

linda, usually falls ;p actually no, just climbs back down backwards :)

LOL leslie :D

mary, it made me laugh too :) no I bought the box at a dollar store I was working at, I think I paid 70 cents for it at the time. first time I saw one of the cats climbing the walls I thought I was seeing things