Scottish Word of the Week Feb, 9, 2010

Wondering how the kitty got on top of the door? Didn't fall out of the window. Climbed up the wall, but I didn't get the camera out in time. The cat doesn't even live there lol, it lives next door. A lot of cats around here can climb the walls (can't find a old post on the topic), its not as rare as a lot of news places like to think it is.

This weeks theme for the photo of the week is flowers/hearts, chosen by Mary. There aren't any flowers around right now, and spring time can't come soon enough, and I don't really have a lot of hearts in the flat either. But here is a little trinket box with a heart on it and a claddagh ring. One of two that we bought when we were in New Zealand. Need to tie string around the ring so it doesn't fall off.

This weeks word:

1. ingin

Answer to last weeks word:

1. to rax is stretching a part of the body, or to sprain a body part

Comments

  1. Wow, cats can climb so high, they need need lives!!!
    Very appropriate trinkets for the theme.
    Autumn can't come quickly enough for me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, I don't know all these Scottish words - we speak a little differently up here in the Hebrides :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cats make excellent climbers.

    Nice pics! I didn't have a lot of hearts around my house either so I went for a nature heart instead. I have a claddagh cross that I love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohh a climbing wall cat, cool. I like your Scottish word of the week. It's good to learn another "language"..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cats are too funny... I like the light in that pic...

    ReplyDelete
  6. And how does the cat get down?!?

    What a pretty box and ring.

    Ingin? Again?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ingin...not a kowboy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm chuckling over Leslie's comment.
    But I love that box, was it a Valentine gift?
    I had never heard of a cat climbing a wall...curtains maybe but not the wall. Neat picture!

    ReplyDelete
  9. cindy, i keep forgetting the seasons are the opposite there :) but Autumn would be nice, not too cold or too hot

    alison, and there is such a huge difference in how some scottish words are pronounced in different counties.

    thanks serena :)

    linda, usually falls ;p actually no, just climbs back down backwards :)

    LOL leslie :D

    mary, it made me laugh too :) no I bought the box at a dollar store I was working at, I think I paid 70 cents for it at the time. first time I saw one of the cats climbing the walls I thought I was seeing things

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer of Colour #3