New Zealand Post #7

So we left the boulders and headed towards Dunedin. We wish we had of had more time to spend on the South Island as both of us liked the area more than we liked the North Island, but saw as much as we could with the week and half that I had left before I had to fly back to Canada. We spent a few days in Dunedin, walking around more and taking a few drives on the coast.

Hmmm taken on the drive to Dunedin. I really hope it refers to a bird or a rock :p I wonder how many people stop and take pictures of the sign lol

We ate at this really nice restaurant called Brimstone with flame torches on the wall. I ordered what I thought was a side dish and wasn't going to be that big but when the bowl of wedges showed up the bowl was bigger than my head and full of wedges. Good value for money but I couldn't eat all of it so had it put in a box for me to take away. Mr.Fuzzy ordered a medium meat pizza (which again was massive) and ate all but 2 slices. 8 pieces of pizza. He was determined to eat it all lol

And the next day I heated the wedges back and thought hey I should use up the rest of the cheese. Forgetting that it had been in the boot in the sun. So I guess I gave us food poisoning. I did ask Mr.Fuzzy if it should be all right and he thought it would be. Guess not :p

And we spent about over an hour driving around so that Mr.Fuzzy could take this picture, finding out later that it was only about a 10 minute walk from where we were staying :/

Peter Pan Land :D I can't say Kirriemur so I call it Peter Pan land. It sounds like I am saying curry mure :p We took pictures of any sign that had a name of a place either in Canada or in Scotland. Didn't take one of Normandale though, was a little out of our way to just drive there to take a picture of a sign lol

Baldwin Street. Steepest hill in the world? Not sure but it was steep enough for me. I stopped about 15 steps from the top to sit down on a bench I was pretty grateful for. Mr.Fuzzy walked all the way to the top. You got a great view of the area and the surrounding hills. Every time a car went up the hill you could hear the driver put on the speed to try to get into their driveway.


View going up the hill. It doesn't actually look that steep from this angle but,..

The road disappears when you look down the road from close to the top. It looks like the road just collapsed. It is hard to see in the pictures, but it is friken steep.

It was a gorgeous day out and while it was a bit tiring walking/climbing up the hill I am glad we did it. Not everyday you can say you climbed the steepest hill in the world.

Dunedin had a lot of really nice buildings, I could probably make one post by itself just with photos of a lot of really odd and neat buildings. Because Mr.Fuzzy was there for a month and walked around a lot, he has a lot of photo of the area.

I think this is either a church of part of the college. Not 100% sure

The train station. The grounds were gorgeous and inside the tile work was beautiful.

I love how this cloud looks like its blanketing the city.

You definitely got a work out walking around, the city was very hilly.

So I had to fly back to Auckland from Christchurch and then start the journey home. Very tearful goodbyes all round. Mr.Fuzzy stayed in NZ for a few more weeks before flying to Canada and then its been lots of traveling back and forth between countries before settling here :)


Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6

*apologies for lack of commenting, no net at our flat yet. But I can use the net at my in laws so I can still get emails :D*

Comments

  1. Great pics again, perhaps you would like to email your addy so I can send a card :-D chrissymw45@yahoo.co.uk XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've enjoyed browsing through all your New Zealand pics, Jennifer. What a nice trip, it must have been. Maybe next time you will come visit Australia? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:20 am

    Hi - can't believe that you are only 40 minutes away from where I live! - the coastal village of Karitane, just north of Dunedin.

    Hope that you are really enjoying your trip.

    By the way ... I cannot see the link to Art Blogs 4 U ....... am in the process of doing a check, which is how I got to see that you are close by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. will do :D

    It was a great trip :) John has been to Australia and would love to go back. Hopefully one day soon *crosses fingers*

    Lesly I have the link in a drop down menu. If that is not all right I will change it. Please let me know :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer of Colour #3