Thumb meets car door

Long story short, was going to the docs to get a prescription, closed the car door at the same time as John closed the back door. The back door closed on my thumb. Took a few seconds for my brain to realize that wait, don't move, your thumb is now attached to a car. After much swearing telling John to open the door frantically, he realized what had happened.

I just thought it was funny, painful but funny. I was laughing and crying. Atleast it happened at a medical clinic.

It's not broken and surprisingly not really bruised. Just a bruise on the back and front where the door pinched shut and a bruise on the palm of my hand. Hurts to bend it, and you can hear a clicking when I forget and do bend it. *crosses fingers that tomorrow I wake up and don't find a black and blue thumb*

*or a black and blue nail, that would really be a pain*

I'm glad it was my left hand, wouldn't be able to draw if it had of been my right. I did manage to draw today, one of the projects on my list. Should be done tomorrow as the hard part is done. Took a little longer than normal as I kept reaching for something with my left hand, and then having to stop from the pain.

* I actually never realized how often I use my thumb when typing

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer of Colour #3