Anyone for Tea??

Coloured pencil Love bird by Jennifer Rose Phillip"Anyone for Tea?" Copyright Jennifer Rose Phillip
5 by 6 Inches Stonehenge Paper

Derwent Coloursofts

rain rain go away don't come back another day. After a sunny start the rain returned again, so yet again the roads are like rivers. Good for the plants, though much more water and the plants will float away.

The little Love bird is finished. I actually ran out of tooth on the Stonehenge paper (first time that has actually happened), so even though there are a few areas that do need to be darkened, its not possible. I could darken the cup a fair bit so if you think it needs work let me know. :) This looks fine on my monitor colour wise so hopefully it does on other monitors. And I would fire the person who made that cup handle, its not exactly the most even looking handle in the world. I would be afraid it would snap in some places.

I love tea, can't stand coffee though. The smell almost makes me feel ill. I think it has something to do with having worked at Tim Horton's. Being around coffee all day you do end up getting sick of it. The one plus when you work around coffee so much, is that you can spend all night drawing and go to work dead tired the next morning. Within about half an hour you are so wired and awake from the coffee fumes you are running around like you just ate 10 bags of coffee beans. hmmm, now I'm craving a donut....

Technorati Tags: , , ,

Comments

  1. Mmmmm, Timmies....

    Glad I never worked there because I'm horribly addicted to their French Vanilla cappucino's. I can't imagine how I would function without one or what beverage would give me enough energy to run laps around the neighbourhood, which says a lot when you live in the country.

    I think the little bird and the cup look super! How on earth did you manage to run out of tooth on Stonehenge though...?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no idea how I ran out of tooth. Might be because I used Derwents instead of Prismas.

    People used to ask for the French Vanilla packets. Couldn't sell them though. They wanted to eat the powder, not use it for drinks. Strange....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:07 pm

    I can actually hear that sweet bird talking. Is he someone you know? I use the Derwent Artists. Are the colorsofts much different?

    I loved the link to Horton's. Fun little surprise.
    As a coffee 'nut' (bean) it made me want a cup. And I wanted a donut, too:)
    I wonder, are there tea franchises like the coffee franchises in the UK? If not, why not?

    Sometimes the franchise coffee has an eu de skunk to it. I make my own, and rarely buy it from a shop.

    OK. What's your preference, Oolong or Earl Grey?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess I should have said the picture of the bird was from a stock site. I just thought it was a such a cute picture, and with the handle looking like half a heart, it fit well with the bird. :)

    I think the Coloursofts are actually softer than Prismas, its just too bad that there are not very many colours to choose from.

    There are Starbucks, Costa, and Coffee Republic, and a few others serving tea and coffee. But haven't been to any of them. None are tea only places though (that I know of). Haven't had Oolong tea, not too keen on Earl Grey. Normal boring tea for me and I love the apple cinnamon tea from Timmy's. :) The Oolong tea sounds like it would be nice.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer of Colour #3