Commission Info

Information that I am going to have on my site once the design work is all done (and the re-inking of the dragon ;) ) Does anyone think that a deposit of %50 is too much? I have had people try to get out of paying and people not giving me the full price before (not because they didn't want the finished piece either, I was stupid and gave them the piece on faith the money would be paid), and would prefer not to get ripped off. But I wasn't sure if the deposit was too high.

Commission Info

I can draw your family pet from the ones with fur to the ones with scales. Any kind of wildlife you would like and fantasy characters. If you have any questions or would like to talk about arranging a commission please contact me

All commissions are done with the finest art materials. If you have a specific paper or surface you would like the work to be on, please contact me to see if it is available.

For pet portraits, clear well lit photos are required. Send up to 5 photographs, including the one you would like drawn. The more photographs I have the better I can see your pets coat colour and body details. I can combine photos to get a certain pose if you like. If you only have a damaged or small photograph of your pet contact me to see if I can work with it. Sending the photos via email is the easiest option but when this is not possible you can send copies by mail. Contact me for mailing address. Photos sent by email should be no less than 300dpi when possible. You must have permission from the person who took the photos for them to be used in drawing a piece of art. If there is any doubt, proof will be required.

For fantasy illustrations, the more written detail provided the better. Colours, size, body type and skin textures etc. If the illustration is to be based on a piece of literature, the name of the literature should be given to help in the drawing. Fantasy characters must not be copyrighted and be rated pg.

Price List

All prices include a simple background. Simple background is a basic gradient in either coloured pencil or graphite. Complex background includes landscape, drapes, toys, buildings, etc. Prices subject to change with notice. I can combine Colour Pencil and Graphite in a piece if required.

Prices do not include framing or matting to cut down on shipping costs.
Contact me for paper colour choices.

Paper Sizes
Coloured Pencil Prices
Graphite Prices
8 by 12 Inches

£65.00

One character only

£ 40.00

One character only

11 by 14 Inches
£75.00
£50
12 by 16 Inches
£85
£60

Extra Charges
£15 for each additional subject
£10 for complex background

ACEOs (Art Cards, Editions and Originals)
2.5 by 3.5 inches
Coloured Pencil or Graphite
Canson Mi-Teintes paper (email for colour availability)
£12 including mailing costs and flexible plastic sleeve to protect from scratches.

Terms and Conditions

Payment

At the moment I only accept payments through PayPaltm http://www.paypal.com
I ask for a 50% upfront, non returnable deposit before starting your order to pay for materials and secure your place in line. Complete payment required when the finished artwork has been approved and before shipping. Shipping costs will vary depending on size of work and location of buyer.

You can view pictures of your artwork in progress either by visiting a site set up for public viewing or if you like I can send you progress pictures in email form

Copyright Information

Reproduction and publishing rights for all artwork remain with Jennifer Rose Phillip and images must not be copied, reproduced or published in any form without her express written permission. The client agrees that commissioned images may be used by Jennifer Rose Phillip for promotional purposes, prints for sale or any other purpose.

Time Scale

An anticipated date of completion will be given at the time of ordering. 2 to 4 weeks is the average turn around time for completion, but be aware this can be longer around the holiday seasons. Artist will not be held liable for delays in completion due to reasons beyond her control.

Currency Converter
Xe.com

Comments

  1. Your terms and conditions are clear and no, I don't think 50% is too high. In fact, I find that's what most people charge as a deposit. Can't wait to see the final website layout! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading all of that Rita :) Glad to see that it all makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:38 am

    I read this post a couple of days ago, but did not get time to comment, but I think what you have written is fine. 50% is not too high to ask for, and I think most artists ask for half up front, as you have to protect yourself. I learnt this early on, as having a lady asking me to do a drawing of her child, taking the time to do the photos, and foolishly excepting a really small deposit and then never hearing anything from her again.Not nice and very downing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous5:24 pm

    It sounds identical to the terms I define when doing pet portraits.
    I have never done any via the internet.
    I think it wise to get at least 50%up front, because that is where all the work/time is to any piece of art.
    I let a piece go "on approval" once, and never saw my money. Don't do it, no matter what the plea.
    I hope you get more work than you want! :)
    Your animal work is so gorgeous, I expect the best for you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer of Colour #3