Virtual Sketch Finished

My rose has started to bloom. It is a lot redder than it looks in the pictures. I am just shocked that it hasn't died lol hmmm maybe the curse of the black thumb of death is broken? (nah probably not considering John has been taking care of this most of the time ;) )

And I did get time today to draw a sketch for the virtual sketch. I wish I had have had more time to work on this, but been so busy cleaning up the flat. Just a quick simple sketch on plain sketchbook paper. I would have loved to use my Inktense pencil as the colours are so bright. I have dozens of pictures of these lilies so I can always use the pencils in the future. Go look at the other sketches that people have done :D

The hedge that was in the backyard of the flat has been cut so that its less than a foot tall. We now have a lot of light getting into the kitchen. Just need to put up a simple fence now. The neighbours seems like nice people. So things are going well with that and the decorating is really starting to change the whole place. We took pictures almost everyday we were all working on the flat so once we are done I will post a few so people can see how much work John's family has helped us with. We really need to think of something to do for all of them to thank them for the help.

Pouring down rain right now, so can't really do any gardening. Guess I should be packing :p

Comments

  1. Jennifer, you have been busy - sounds like a lot of work, but you'll be so glad in the end. I love the sketch, lots of character! Sometimes the quickies are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice quick sketch. And thanks for providing the photo. Did your cactus ever start to grow>

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes very glad at the end lol I probably will sleep for a week (and I am hardly doing things compared to other people)

    thanks for the comment on the sketch :) Love seeing the ones that are posted so far :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. sadly no caci yet. :( so I think they are not going to come up. Going to try again tomorrow. Still going to have the contest draw in 5 days though :)

    and your welcome :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very lively, nice quick sketch. Surprised you found the time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your quick sketch! It's got a lot of life in it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am reminded of John Lennon's art work. I wish that my own quick sketches came out this good. My brain focuses too much on details. This was nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous5:28 pm

    How are you even managing to find the time to think, let alone draw?
    Sweet sketch! Sweet girl!

    After seeing real sketches being done for the Cirtual Sketch Date, I think I need to do some graphite! I haven't in a long while, and it was always my favorite medium.

    You can do a "bring a dish" backyard picnic for the family and the neighbors. I'll be right over to help hang the strings of lights...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great sketch, I almost had a go at that one but I do need to get painting finished. I don't like having things hanging over me...I don't think I could ever do commissions for real...
    Nice bright rose, you all make me laugh from the other side of the pond when you call it green thumb....we call it having green fingers, it took me ages to work out what people were on about in blog catalogue forum, I thought something very different initially, LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. I barely found the time kay lol

    thanks teresa :)

    I don't think I have actually seen any of Lennon's drawings before, I probably should go look them up :) Thanks michael :)

    Yes Leslie, do something in graphite. Love your CP work so you graphite work will be really nice to see :)

    chrissy- hmm I have always called it a green thumb, even in Canada. Might have to do with the heavy influence of UK immigrants to the area I lived in. I hate having lots of things going on at once, I try to get the most important drawings down first. I only had graphite that was not packed so couldn't work on anything else even thought there is lots for me to work on lol Hopefully you can try to do the next sketch :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jennifer, very nice sketch. Great gesture and full of life.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Jennifer,
    Great sketch! Thank you for the reference photo for this sketch date.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jennifer, it sounds like you are pretty busy right now. One reason I like this sketch date is because it makes me squeeze in drawing when I might otherwise have not. I love your sketch. The looseness of it gives it a real energetic feel. It's like the flower is growing in front of my eyes. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer of Colour #3