SMRT

inked dragon Copyright Jennifer Rose PhillipCopyright Jennifer Rose Phillip

Finished dragon with only a few curse words on my part when my hand spasmed and I had to do a quick fix. Decide to just leave the belly of the dragon alone for right now, could always change it later. Now onto a horse thats been drawn since we went to Glamis Castle last year to the Country Fair.

So I have been doing a lot of reading about going to school here and am freaking out a bit and I haven't even applied yet. Its not the drawing part that I have a problem with, its the exams I would have to do that I have a problem with. I don't do very well with tests, and now with the meds I'm on I have problems remembering things, which doesn't help. And I don't have a portfolio of work I could use when applying.

I am planning on going to one of the open days to at least can have a look around. But if I am going to apply I better get off my butt and draw more art for a portfolio.

Comments

  1. Anonymous11:40 pm

    Ooh I love this one! The style seems different to what you usually do, it's almost like artwork for an online fantasy game or something!

    I suppose the style is slightly different if you started it quite a while ago though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :) that would be a dream job :)

    My style is always changing :/ which can be a bad thing when trying to make a living off of art. Nothing has the same look or feel to it. One of the reasons I want to go to school, to see if I can get a body of work that you can tell is from the same artist. The other problem is that when I draw dragons they are nothing like when I draw wildlife. Which is odd because dragons are just huge scaly animals lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:04 pm

    Alright, beautiful job on the dragon :D And don't you just hate it when your hands want to sabotage your art?

    Good luck with the art school business, too! I'm sure the exams won't be nearly as bad in an art school as they would be in a regular school, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:46 am

    Got to say I love your dragons, and this one is no exception, think it works as a simple line drawing, make a great tat too.
    Wishing you the best for your application to the school, when you go for it, I am sure that you will do well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, if I can survive art school, anyone can, lol! Seriously, Duncan of Jordanstone is great, has a super reputation and has some fabulous tutors and fantastic facilities. I did a portfolio preparation course at Dundee College and a good 95% of us that applied got in! All you do is lots of essays and you work your way up gradually to the final dissertation at the end. By that stage (year 4), it isn't a big deal, plus you get lots of help from some great art history tutors.

    If you want to know more about it, just ask!

    Oh, forgot to say - LOVE your dragon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. If I took the portfolio preparation course it would help me, I didn't even think about looking to see any of the schools offered one. :) And if I didn't get into school I would still have a nice set of work to show people. If I have any questions I will ask thanks :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer of Colour #3