EDM #90

Everyday Matters #90 Draw something with wings
Copyright Jennifer Rose Phillip

Badly drawn dragon wings :p Another really quick EDM challenge in my little sketchbook. I usually base the wings on my dragons on bat wings, but sometimes I do use a bird-like wing. Its just easier to draw bats wings as you can use the "fingers" as a guide to were the membrane should go. As long as you know where the fingers should go its easy. Looking at bats flying in person helps a lot if you can get over the automatic reaction of ducking when they come near. (ACK! Rabies! :p)

When drawing wings you can go many routes, but there are 2 that are very common. Wings that don't look like they would ever get even a flea off the ground (hey thats a good idea for a drawing :p), or huge gigantic wings that are the size of a blue whale. Of course then they are the wings that are full of rips and holes (I'm guilty of this), that don't look like they would work as the dragon would just come falling to ground like an unopened parachute. Big damn hole :p

Tomorrow I am going to try to get as much of that horse face finished as I can. Not much of a WIP. Anyone have any ideas of what they might want to see in a WIP?

Comments

  1. I can't believe nobody commented about this yet! I love seeing the rough sketches, and your fantasy work is really nice, these sketches included.
    PS. Thanks for visiting my humble blog so much. That brings me a smile. Sorry I don't reciprocate nearly often enough. It's that darn dial-up connection (which is due this month).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would post more sketches but they are even more rough then this lol

    thanks :D

    I really like your blog, always a great read :D (I remember dial up with horror. 56kbps and that was on a good day lol)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer of Colour #3