Creative Space May 28, 2009


Creative Space May 28, 2009
Originally uploaded by fuzzydragons

My creative space this week :) one messy desk lol. Pencils for the eagles on the right and the inked bird on the left. I really need to finish the curtains for the kitchen. Then we can walk around naked*. I need a bigger desk :p (some notes on the picture if you click on it/)

I wanted to get more done on the dotted bird today, which was supposed to be a Goshawk but looks more like an Eagle now hmph.

"Everyday in May #28"
Copyright Jennifer Rose Phillip

Need to darken some areas and work on the neck area still but I do really like how this is turning out. Too bad it takes so long lol I had to stop and think about how to suggest feathers, its sort of worked, maybe leave a bit more lighter or white space next time to help pick out the feathers. I really want to use some Inktense pencils to colour the eye on this but not sure if it would be too much colour against the black dots. It would be probably just a bit of yellow and orange but I'm not sure. Any thoughts?

*joking about the naked thing! no really I am lol*

More Creative Spaces here :)

Comments

  1. I love how the eagle is turning out - ever thought about illustrating books?? Cooking in the nude, eh?! lol :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. cooking in the nude....unless its a salad I think it would be an accident waiting to happen particularly involving Mrs Fuzzy lol

    Joking about the nudity unless of course the forecasts of a blazing hot summer come true then it might have to be reconsidered...no aircon...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to illustrate books :D no idea how I would go about trying to find out how to though :)

    lol all I can think about is I would end up getting burned if I cooked in the nude (and how do nudists not get grease splatters on them when cooking bacon if they can't wear clothes? lol the things I think about when I only have gotten 3 hours sleep :p)

    ReplyDelete
  4. :P they wear aprons - transparency optional :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. The free rolling pencils in the corner look great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely little Goshawk. Have you seen that 100 birds thread in wet canvas, it is really interesting. As for curtains, as certain amount of privacy is always good...
    Cooking naked sounds extremely hazardous! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lol you crack me up. Can't imagine prancing around the house naked let alone cooking.
    Your eagle is looking lovely and as for a messy table it is nothing compared to mine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Goshawk is coming along beautifully....a very light tough of colour may make it pop. Why not scan a copy, print it out and try some colour on it? That way you can compare and decide which way you like it best.

    I don't think my adult sons would appreciate me prancing around the house naked...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks Kirsty :)

    I haven't seen the 100 birds on WC Chrissy. Where is it? yeah I think cooking nude sounds a little hazardous too lol

    shashi- thanks :) this is nothing, normally you can't see the desk under all the pencils ;)

    Serena- thank you :) I am going to have to try to print it out and see how that looks :) your sons might not appreciate it, but their friends might ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I so admire you patience, dots drive me dotty. You've done a beautiful job of it, look forward to seeing it's completion.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your magnifient eagle. But frankly its hard to stay focused on the art. Nude cooking? Grease spatters? Transparent aprons?! Its all happening in the Fuzzy household that's for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. naked eh...haha. I haven't done that in years, actually never walked around naked, ...should try it some time...Love the drawing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. thank you Alisa :) hopefully finish with it tonight

    Liesl- thanks :) lol yeah its a busy flat ;)

    Sandy- thanks :D I've never walked around nude either. had friends that walked around topless in Ontario (legal to do it there) but the thought of walking around and having people stare at me made me give it a pass lol

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer of Colour #3