Everday in May #16

"Everyday in May #16"
Copyright Jennifer Rose Phillip
ACEO
Coloured Pencil on Murano paper

Todays Everyday in May piece :) Trying to get more practise with doing landscape type pieces. I do actually enjoy drawing landscapes, I just need to draw them more.

More Yupo experiments :)

So here is a scan of the finished cards from yesterday:

Kind of a pain to scan as the light just reflects on the shiny smooth paper so washes all the colours out. Neocolors on the left, Inktense on the right.

On the left the card with Neocolors down first and then I went over that with the Inktense pencils. On the right the card with the Inktense down first and then I put Neocolors over those. I had no problems with either of the mediums going over each other. The colour actually laid down better it seemed with a base of pigment to work with. I really liked the way the card on the right looked dry. The colours were really vibrant and the various crayon colours really blended together well over the Inktense layer.

Right card- Inktense over Neocolors. Really splotchy, and the colours did not blend well together.

Left card- Neocolors over Inktense pencil.. I wish I had of left his dry actually lol The colours did blend well together, and didn't seem to streak or get spotty. The colours are not as vibrant as they were before the card was wetted down, but that might be fixed by an addition of another layer of crayon.

I have some watercolour pencils I want to try out on this paper and maybe some acrylic paint as well. I don't have any watercolours to use but will see what else I can try out before I make a final one :)

Hopefully I will have started a bigger coloured pencil piece tomorrow and will have more to show people besides another ACEO :)

oh and I got a letter from the college to go in for an interview for one of the art courses there. So fingers crossed that goes well. There are 2 more courses that I have applied for that I haven't gotten a letter for yet but am supposed to be getting to set up interviews I think. hmmm then the question needs to be asked, which one do I choose :p Animals care or go the art route? :D

Comments

  1. I like that colored pencil on black. Makes for a very atmospheric looking night scene.

    Looks like you're doing all kinds of good experimentation. You can see some samples of my friend's Yupo paintings here if you're interested: http://seahorsestudio.net/yupo/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should do more landscapes you are so good at it. Love your apple sketch too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the landscape ! beautiful.
    good luck with college course.
    what other courses have you applied for?
    love tina x

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the landscape. You have a talent for making things magical.

    As for choosing your path - what does your heart say? Can you do both? How much can you learn at art school? Which education carries more value for you? I learned more from private lessons than I ever did in school! But that was me.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The waterfall is beautiful...yes you should do them more often :D
    That yupo experiment is interesting, the apple in the middle on the right is pretty awesome, it has really good 3d effect and hit me straight away...

    ReplyDelete
  6. tara- those are gorgeous!! :D thank you for the link :) very talented! and thanks :)

    shashi- thanks :D I'm going to def. try to do more landscapes in the future.

    tina- thank you :) 2 art programs and one for animal care. so its hard to choose between the 2

    michelle- thank you for such a lovely comment :D my heart says do the art courses, but my head is thinking, is that because I think the animal course would be too hard? I have always wanted to work with animals (if not for the MS I would have went and finished my dog grooming training), but there is a lot that this course does that I've never done so I don't know what to do. but don't have to decide until they say I can take the class anyway. :)

    chrissy- thanks :D I really liked how that looked. One experiment that went well lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. The landscape is great! I really enjoyed reading and seeing the different versions. Never heard of anybody using CP's on yupo..how interesting and I like the effect.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the waterfall! Not an easy subject.

    Do both courses. If you don't like one, you can stop going.

    I really appreciate your demonstration of the apple. They all look great. I would be pulling my hair out trying to make the materials work for me. You are so patient about it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks Sandy :) CPs are up next, but I don't know how they will work and if they will even stick to the paper properly :/

    thanks Leslie ::) I'm not sure if I can do both though. I think it will kill me even if the college would let me try to do both. I'm not that patient :p the whole time the paper is drying I am swearing at it to dry faster (cause come on! 5 hours later and its still wet?!? 0.o I am not a wet medium person lol)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Finally get to catch up on your blog. Great Yupo experiments, like your doing all the work and I just get to watch ;-)
    The waterfall aceo is amazing. In general, I'm jealous of your prolific output. A well executed aceo can take as much time as something larger.

    ReplyDelete
  11. thanks ingrid :D the more I play around with this paper the more I actually like it lol

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer of Colour #3