Left Hand

When I lost almost all the feeling in my hands a few weeks ago for some odd reason I had more feeling in my left hand, enough control that I wasn't dropping a pencil every 2 seconds. One of the teachers said draw with your left then. And while I still need practice with my left, it does show its possible for me to draw with my left hand and improve quickly with it. (I know I've posted one of these before but not sure if I posted them all)

This was the first try and the one that the teacher liked the most and the one I like the least :p

The second attempt and third which is my favourite :)

And the fourth. All drawn in about half an hour. I want to keep practising with my left just in case something ever happens with my right hand, you never know what might happen, and it does make me pretty happy that I can at least sketch with my left now :) Now if only I still had that extra finger on my left, could help to hold pencils lol

And more snow on the ground, just too cold to take pictures. I've become a wimp to the cold living here :p

Comments

  1. That must be incredibly difficult - can't imagine drawing with my left hand! Well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have tried it and with far less success! Impressive!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely a great skill to develop. I too have tried it. I do best when working in small areas. As soon as I work larger which requires a flowing hand/arm gesture, things don't work so well. I am sure like all things, practice would help! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a great job on drawing with left hand!
    i hope that nothing happen to any of your hands, but it is good to keep practicing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a pretty good sketch for a left hand.

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks alison :)

    I'm sure michelle that your left hand work was good too!

    hmm I should try working smaller if it works better. thanks teresa :)

    thank you helen :) one can never have too much practice :)

    thanks shashi :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I actually found out in art class this semester that I am better with charcoal on a large paper with my left! For both contour and regular drawing. It's definately worth exercising both!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I should try charcoal with my left, might enjoy using it more :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's amazing you can draw that well with your left hand.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer of Colour #3