Bring back my Pencils

I will be the first to admit that I am not a painter, never really have been, (other then with watercolours), and I am really am not that torn up about it :p But we do have to use paint, and for one of the classes we have to base the painting on what we made last block. Its supposed to be very basic, focusing on shapes, and this still needs work before I would call it even close to being finished.

This is what I made last block:
A 3D assemblage using part of an old shed door that had been laying in the backyard for over a year. Junk turned into art....not my type of art but art none the less :p (yeah its a little bit macabre :p)

I might not like everything we do on the course, but I do find it is helping me see ideas in random things more, and I am learning about artists I never heard of before, so that can only be a good thing.

Now I'm curious if anyone can figure out what this door is referring to? Will be very impressed if someone does guess :)

Comments

  1. I can't guess, I'm too hot, but I am slightly freaked out by the eyes staring at me!!Trying new things is good, but a little of one's comfort zone is good too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer of Colour #3