Jubjub Bird


So for this course we have to do a graded unit. We were given 5 themes and from them we have to think of ideas for a final piece. After making a bunch of mind maps,(really not my favourite thing to do), I ended up with using Alice in Wonderland as an idea, which then led to doing something based on the Jabberwocky poem. 

I need to design the creatures in the poem, a Jubjub bird, badger and the Jabberwocky and this is one sketchy idea for the bird. I also drew designs for the body of the bird, which is sort of pointless since it will be sitting in a tree and you will not see it. 

Haven't decided yet if I want the Jabberwocky to be reptile based, or mix a bunch of animals together. Since most of the creatures used in the poem are not described, you could have them look like anything you wanted. 

Its not due for another 12 weeks, but its a lot of work to get done if you want to get an A, and a lot of art Unis will not even think of looking at your portfolio without that A :/  But I do like designing creatures and characters, and because I am doing print making for the final piece, the graded unit is really becoming my favourite of the units we have done so far. 

Comments

  1. Sounds like a fun albeit intense project. Can't wait to see what you come up with! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Calloo callay!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer of Colour #3