Last Day of College....



Well it was supposed to be my last day in college this year, but of course I forgot the plate of the swans I was working on, so have to go back to Dundee tomorrow and cross my fingers it is still there. I'm not back until the 8th of January and want to work on the swans so the plate is ready to print when I go back, so have to go and see if its still in the room somewhere. (Things have a habit of going for a walk at the college :/, not that I think someone would take a printing plate, but you never know).

The eagle above is the next etching I am working on. I figure stick to birds, its either that or go back to drawing big cats and horses all the time. Even tho an etching of a big cat would probably look nice.

The etchings are done on plexi-glass, so the etching only shows up in a scan if I put a piece of dark paper behind it. Its not supposed to shatter like normal glass, but it def. shatters when you cut it and goes flying everywhere. I am still stepping on broken pieces 4 days later :p

Comments

  1. You've been doing great work. And this new etching is exciting. College is good to you. Sorry I've been lax in my comments. My android makes blog reading fun, unfortunately, it does really strange things when I try to comment. But I'm here!!! Reading. And watching your art.
    PS. Thanks for all the blog loving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks ingrid :) i have actually really only been at college less then a month since it started up again :/ bit of a pain but i keep getting sick, enjoy going tho when i can :)

      i got a keyboard with my tablet cover which help a lot when writing :)

      Delete
  2. Most of your artwork sounds dangerous Jennifer .... sharp knives & lino, plexi glass etc.
    Hope you have a lovely christmas and look forward to seeing more work from you in the New Year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i usually don't get to handle the sharp things :p since i dont clot very well, and the etching tools are ok unless i stab myself in the finger

      hope you have a good christmas too :D

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer of Colour #3