Sunday Sketches

Life Drawing fuzzydragons.com
Back to life drawing practice. I need a lot of practice with drawing the male form. In the 2 years of life drawing at Dundee college we did not have one male model and I am sure people thought I was crazy asking all the time if we would ever have a male model to draw, but drawing the male form is so much different than drawing the female form. We did have a male model in Arboath, but that was 3 years ago, so out of practice.

This was also a case of using the wrong type of paper for ink pens, so I was really fighting the paper to get flowing scratchy lines. Too much tooth, need to remember to use smoother paper, ate the pen nib as well, but thats ok since I am not a huge fan of the pens I used for this lol

Life Drawing fuzzydragons.com
5 minute pose that did not go that well. Might use charcoal next time to see if that helps me or even use coloured pencils.



Comments

  1. I think you won the fight with the paper. Nice ones!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you :) def just going to use pencils on this paper tho :)

      Delete
  2. I would have thought it would be easier to get male models. I didn't realise that the smoothness or not of paper made such a difference. I am an art paper dunce.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the tooth on paper can make a huge difference, if I can find the time I should do a write up on it :)

      from what I can gather, the rules for male models in some places can be a little strict over certain biological functions that can't be controlled so I think they just don't bother applying to save the hassle

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer of Colour #3