Weekly Book Wrap Up And TBR

Finished Moby Dick finally lol, so not much else finished the last week lol


Moby-Dick; or, The WhaleMoby-Dick; or, The Whale by Herman Melville
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Yes this is very wordy and took a little longer than I would have liked to read, but I never found it boring. Its full of a lot of info about whaling in the 1850's, which while a horrible thing, interesting to read about the process and the thoughts people had on whales. The ending is very fitting character wise but I can't say why without giving the ending away :p

Probably not a book for everyone since it is very wordy and has a very slow build up, but enjoyed every word myself :)

Soulless (Parasol Protectorate, #1)Soulless by Gail Carriger
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Quick entertaining read :)





TBR (To be Read) for the next few weeks

Reading this next but only 3 pages in, so too early to say what I think. And since my jaw surgery was moved up to the 6th, I've got a few more to read in the hospital since last time I was there for 4 days and finished 4 books :p

Love this cover :) And it deals with birds :D

Goodreads Link

Recommended by many people :)

Goodreads Link
The back blurb sounded interesting :p


Goodreads Link

Comments

  1. Thanks for the two recommendations. I love the cover of H is for Hawk, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. your welcome, hopefully you like the :)

      Delete
  2. Quite interesting titles :-)
    I'm a new reader really and I've been enjoying it. I might look into that "The City" title "-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its an interesting book, really liking it at about half way through :) Glad you are enjoying reading, more people should read :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer of Colour #3