Weekly Book Wrap Up

One more book to add to the reading list for the year. Not sure what number I will set the list at next year because if I get into Uni next year I will probably be pretty busy. Could set it at 100 and try to reach that number, but if I didn't, it wouldn't be a big deal.



Madame BovaryMadame Bovary by Gustave Flaubert
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Emma is an idiot, a well written idiot, but still an idiot. Not for sleeping around on her husband, but for all the other bad choices she makes during the course of the novel. Really enjoyed the writing, just rolled my eyes every time Emma did something really daft.


Started reading A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens. Its short so should have it done today. I've never actually read anything by Dickens before, so should probably look into reading something else by him.









2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Jennifer has completed her goal of reading 90 books in 2015!
hide

Comments

  1. I haven't read Madame Bovary, but Dickens was one of my favorite authors when I was a kid. I should re read some of his books, it has been such a long time...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just never got around to reading anything by him before, but since I want to read 100 classics next year I probably will then :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Jen,
    TOTAL agreement on Mmm. Bovary - a twit! I took a course, years ago, on French literature in translation - read M.B. for the course, as well as reams of Zola.
    But I do love A Christmas Carol. I'm a complete grinch, so I keep hoping Scrooge will remain"scroogish" :)
    Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I could read French better i would ave preferred to read it untranslated, but I hardly remember any French from school lol

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer of Colour #3