Weekly Book Wrap Up

The weather has been pretty grey out so haven't been able to sit on the back porch and read in the sun, (which you do get in Scotland, even if people think it just rain all the time), but managed to finish 3 books.


The Falcon at the Portal (Amelia Peabody, #11)The Falcon at the Portal by Elizabeth Peters
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Beside the stupid decisions by a certain character that were completely out of character for that character, this was a good book in the series. You just have to put aside almost all of the character development from the past books to not roll your eyes at the story and shake your head in disbelief.


He Shall Thunder in the Sky (Amelia Peabody, #12)He Shall Thunder in the Sky by Elizabeth Peters
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The series improves with adding the start of WW1, gives the characters more life seeing how they deal with how it effects the people they care about. Predictable ending as always, but it really couldn't have ended any other way.

I did say I was going to take a break from re-reading the series but at this point, I might as well finish lol

Wytches, Vol. 1Wytches, Vol. 1 by Scott Snyder
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Sort of creepy, not creepy enough to sleep with the lights on, just creepy enough to make you check no one is behind you. Probably would have rated it higher but I thought the art was too light and bright for what is suppose to be a horror comic.


Currently reading

Jennifer's bookshelf: currently-reading

Thinking With Type
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com

2016 Reading Challenge

2016 Reading Challenge
Jennifer has read 37 books toward her goal of 100 books.
hide

Comments

  1. I love how you review books, I feel like I can definitely get a sense of them from your descriptions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I do not read horror books. I find they affect me too much. Worst film I (n)ever watched: Event Horizon. I spent quite a lot of the film watching half reflections in my glasses in the neck of my top. Hands were firmly over my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Event Horizon is a pretty odd film. I grew up reading horror books, so find most of them pretty tame now :p

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer of Colour #3