Weekly Book Review

A User Guide to the Creative MindA User Guide to the Creative Mind by Dave Birss
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Quick,easy to read. If you are really stuck for an idea it might help you. The author talks about spending a lot of time thinking and talking in the pub, so might appeal to some people :p (or turn you into an alcoholic lol)





DockwoodDockwood by Jon McNaught


not much to the plot, but visually it is nice to look at :) I think because the lack of an eventful plot, and the simple art style, you end up with a greater small to




The ArrivalThe Arrival by Shaun Tan
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The art in this book is beautiful. There is no text, so you focus more on the art, which tells the story. I honestly didn't notice the lack of text, the art is just so mesmerizing. I can't imagine how long it took to create this, def a labour of love. Recommended if you want to try a different sort of comic/graphic novel.



Currently reading:


The Lie Tree
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com

2016 Reading Challenge

2016 Reading Challenge
Jennifer has read 79 books toward her goal of 100 books.
hide

Comments

  1. Thank you for the most excellent reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't been reading much, but this week the new Paul McCartney biography came and it is awfully thick so I have to read like the clappers to finish it in three weeks. Shaun Tan: Book week books, that's why I know him!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer of Colour #3