Boo

Another startled owl (left hand #114). Is almost impossible it seems for me to draw an owl with my left hand and not have it look really surprised, like its been goosed by surprise.

A flying Heron (#115). There was one in some nearby trees the other day, wrong area for them to nest but they do fly around here every once and awhile. The amount of birds around here is great, there are a few barn owls I keep trying to spot, a lot of buzzards, the odd Golden Eagle, and of course Gulls and Rooks, so lots of  birds and bats. You hear bats a lot, was even dive bombed by one in the backyard lol

Comments

  1. Love your birds, Jen ... especially the goosed owl :) I like watching and listening to them, too. We have a new batch of baby barn swallows in the barn - parents busy flying around getting food. I had one come so close yesterday, I could feel the wind movement of his wings.
    And you win - a badger set is much more dangerous! Lordy, you could break a leg!

    Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your birds are fantastic Jen. I love the freedom of your art.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the owl ~ soaring bird is good too ~ ^_^

    Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your owl & the heron in flight. I never get tired of your drawings, Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the owl! Your drawings are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kathryn, thank you :) there was a badger set in one of the places I lived in Canada, took up a lot of room but never saw the badger. aww baby birds are so cute in an ugly way :p

    thank you Nicole :)

    thanks carol :)

    lovely comment Chris, thank you :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer of Colour #3