Weekly Book Wrap Up

A day late but I'm ill lol my head is killing me. Finished 40 books this year, so anything else I finish is a bonus.


The Name of the Wind (The Kingkiller Chronicle, #1)The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I just really enjoyed this book. Its sort of long at over 600 pages but I didn't find it boring, it didn't seem to drag in any parts. OK yes, some of the characters are better written then others and you do have your typical fantasy tropes (tropes from young adult books too), bad annoying high school jock type enemy, smart ass good guy main character and manic fantasy pixie girl that everyone adores but is so mysterious and beautiful you can't figure her out.

The fantasy and magic parts are interesting, more world building would be nice but overall this is a well written fantasy epic and I want to read more. There is enough intrigue as to what happens next and what is the deal with the killer spiders, that I will be reading the next one in the series when I can.

View all my reviews

 

Jennifer's bookshelf: currently-reading

The Lie Tree
tagged: currently-reading
In Cold Blood
tagged: currently-reading
War and Peace
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com

2017 Reading Challenge

2017 Reading Challenge
Jennifer has read 39 books toward her goal of 40 books.
hide

Comments

  1. Glad you liked this one, good review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your head feels better. Wonderful review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonus indeed, well done. THISis the book I have to start reading again, it then I saw killer spiders and I might not.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer of Colour #3