End of Year Book Wrap Up

I didn't end up reading just really bad books this year, there were a few good ones in the mix of the really bad ones. Only 2 books got a 5 star review this year, but there were lot more 4 star reviews but also a few books I would have rated 0 stars if I could have lol


The Wise Man's Fear (The Kingkiller Chronicle, #2)The Wise Man's Fear by Patrick Rothfuss
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

OK yes this is a very long book but besides the parts that happen in the fae world world, the book flows well, the characters are interesting and I want to know what happens next. Good world building, interesting creatures and good lore/mythology build up. Now the long wait for the next book





The Handmaid's TaleThe Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Re-Read

Still a really good book. I can understand why some people do not like it, especially the historical notes at the end, (they seem out of place and don't need to be there), but I do think this does a good job combining atrocities from the past into one horrible example. An example of open your eyes to what has happened and could happen again if people stay blind to it.

Draplin Design Co.: Pretty Much EverythingDraplin Design Co.: Pretty Much Everything by Aaron James Draplin
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

So full of colour :) Nicely printed photos and a good show of work he did when younger to until now with an over view of his life and working career. The book is written like how he speaks, so if you haven't listened to any of his talks, might be a good idea to so that you know the style and language you are going to read so you will know if the book is for you or not.

View all my reviews

Comments

  1. I re read The Handmaid’s Tale regularly. I must read Patrick Rothfuss next year.
    I plan to add all the books I read to my blog sidebar today, before the year is out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the 2017 reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year!! And here's to 2018 full of more good books, good art, and time to enjoy creative time and down time :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you enjoyed a lot of the books you read, I enjoy your reviews.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer of Colour #3