Weekly Book Wrap Up

Nineteen Eighty-FourNineteen Eighty-Four by George Orwell
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Very flat boring characters, but they are a product of their environment. The language in this book is what I think is the most important thing in this novel and how it is used for control.

View all my reviews

Two Planets: A Novel by Kurd LasswitzTwo Planets: A Novel by Kurd Lasswitz by Kurd Laßwitz
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

A cross between an adventure story and a story of colonization with a bit of religion thrown in when referring to numedom. Since this is a translation it is missing 40% or more of the original to the story, makes me think I should have studied German in school. The missing parts do add to the story I've been told but over all this is an interesting take on martians and other planets from the 19th century.

View all my reviews

Jennifer's bookshelf: currently-reading

The Lost World
tagged: currently-reading
R.U.R.
tagged: currently-reading
Red Mars
tagged: currently-reading
Persepolis Rising
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com

2018 Reading Challenge

2018 Reading Challenge
Jennifer has completed her goal of reading 40 books in 2018!
hide

Comments

  1. Thanks for the honest reviews :)
    And a big congratulations on exceeding your reading challenge goal! Very impressive, Jennifer!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer of Colour #3