Scarab Update

Almost half of the scarab finished. Definitely going to run out of ink, my biggest size pen was almost completely used up filling in the one side of the wing. The little round things at the top of the wing were not supposed to be filled in like that. Meant to look like the others with little dots but my hand jerked and I had to fill in the space to cover a little out of place line. Still not sure how I am going to fill in the tail feathers. Cross-hatching maybe.

And the eagles beak almost finished. Just need to burnish it with a few light greys to give it a smoother look. I really do like how this looks in person.

There are a few more flowers growing in the little containers, just not sure which ones lol but at least this year more seem to be growing. :)

Comments

  1. I can't say how often a little slip of the hand changes the intent of my drawings! A thicker line here, means a thicker line there. Before you know it, it's totally different from what I expected.
    Serendipity.
    (Sometimes I use stronger language than, "oh, serendipity!")

    You are moving along quickly with the scarab! It looks great. I am a fool for symmetry in art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your work, Beautiful!
    Sandra Evertson

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol yeah I used a few strong words when that happened :p Not going to be completely symmetrical, probably going to be a few more mistakes that need to be covered up :/

    thanks sandra :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH MY GOD. ... that is the best looking scarab I've ever seen... you have so got to get that as a tattoo!!!!!!!!!! .. big, and right in the middle of your back, across your spine! .. that would be so painful though. ... SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NICE, OH MY GOD!!!! I know I'm beginning to sound like I'm being sarcastic, but that is one hell of a scarab!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks dd :D I wish I had the money to get this as a tattoo. Would have to change the dots to probably a filled colour, but I think the rest is possible for a tattoo. It would definitly hurt! lol but thats what bringing a book or a friends hand to hang on to and squish is for :p

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer of Colour #3