New Zealand Part 6

Timaru. Well the view from our room window. The sky was so blue and the weather was wonderful. I fell again (nope wasn't drunk this time either). Tripped in a pothole at the back of the hostel and put a hole in the new sarong I had bought. I still have it, but have to be careful how I tie it or it has a habit of slipping and I don't want to scare people if it slips :p

The front of the hostel. Was very clean and the staff were nice :)

And we were going to go straight to Dunedin but stopped off to see these really cool boulders. (yes, thats my pale leg :p and my favourite sarong [ying yang dragons, lots of bright colours])

Little plaque illustrating how the boulders are formed. I am really glad we stopped to see this stretch of land. If I had of been on a bus I probably would have missed it (even though there was a big-green-fuck-truck parked in the parking lot, but you wouldn't catch me on one of those even if I was dead)

Pretty hard to do anyway without sliding off of the boulders as they were pretty slippery and kinda dangerous to climb. Kinda sad that this has to be put up :( I did see one chick climbing onto one of them, but she didn't get very far before she started sliding back down.


Furry rocks! Actually slimy rocks :p

hmmm bad food? ;) No I know what this person meant, but isn't this a tad hypocritical?

Its like some creepy killer fungus from a bad horror movie! no its just the what the insides of the rocks look like after being exposed for awhile.
One of the boulders that had broken and was filled with a little tide pool. Wasn't anything floating in it that I could see though, but I wasn't going to stick my hand in to check. I walked out into the water but not even up to my knees. The water was freezing! And I was afraid I would get eaten by a shark. But Mr.Fuzzy went for a quick swim and I was crossing my fingers he didn't get eaten by a shark because I don't know how to drive stick lol ;) (I am told it was the wrong area for sharks, but tell that to the next tourist that gets eaten by Jaws :p I actually don't mind sharks, think they get a really bad rep but still don't want to get attacked by one)

A picture of a group of boulders. When we went the tide was out and neither of us felt like hanging around until it came back in, so we decided to jump back in the car and try to make it to the next town.
But after I left for canuck land Mr.Fuzzy went back and the tide was in so he got some more pictures. This is one of my favourite shots :D

Next: The trip is almost at an end

Comments

  1. Wow, beautiful pictures! They make me want to visit New Zealand

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:18 am

    Those are fuzzy dragon eggs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. am loving the photos. the boulders are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should visit if you can megan, it was a great trip :)

    lol big fuzzy dragon eggs! all I could think was ouch :p

    it is tizzalicous :) It was hard picking which pictures to post as they all were great :)

    Thanks for the comment macpurp :D It was really tempting to take a small piece of one of the boulders, but that would have been wrong (and really illegal :p) Would have looked really nice in the living room

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are fascinating boulders. Makes me want to visit. The last photo is really fantastic.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer of Colour #3