Orion ACEO

"Orion" Copyright Jennifer Rose Phillip
2.5 by 3.5 Inches £8 plus shipping
Contact me if interested

So because I think I need a bit of practice with graphite, I am going to try to do at least 1 ACEO a week in graphite. I figure its a small enough format I will still get the practice and its not so big it will take forever to complete something.

So up first is a drawing of Orion when he was hanging out in a tree. He did seem to like being put in the trees and on the lawn, and it was a great photo opportunity. I was always outside with him, and if he was in a tree always under him and never let him get on a branch that I couldn't climb too. (I have had people ask me if I wasn't scared of him getting away. Nope. He was a lazy snake. And while I know he could have been fast, he never went any faster than a slow crawl. Even when the birds in the trees were near [free lunch! :p])

He never bit me, bit dad a few times :p He (or possibly she. Never had that found out), was a great low maintenance pet. Well low maintenance compared to a dog, but still needed work and care. While Ball Pythons do not get as large as most boas, they can be pretty hefty snakes and are notoriously picky eaters. Would love another one someday when we can afford to take care of it (and have a bigger freezer for feeder mice/rats. hmm don't think a frozen mouse would be mistaken for a pizza but you never know :p)

And we almost had a kitty the other day. I had one of the living room windows open and was just sitting practising knitting (its odd. I can purl stitch better than a normal stitch), and I look up and there is a black cat sitting on the inside of the window ledge. I jumped up and yelled "Cat!" (no its a dog >.<), and it jumped away. Day before when I was hanging up clothes outside I left the flat complex door open. The cat got in and I hissed at it and it ran away. Whats odd about that is the colour of the collar the cat had on. A purple/pink combination. Saw my little black furry friend today at Mr.Fuzzy's parents (she still drools when you pet her :p) and her collar is the same colour. And while I do know that its not uncommon for cats to have the same colour collars on it just seems a little odd that they are both small black cats. hmm Mr.Fuzzy thinks she is stalking me :p

cat
more animals

Comments

  1. Anonymous10:29 am

    Lovely ACEO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW love your sketches, particularly this snake, the curves must have been pretty tricky to get right!
    Jx

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks :) the curves were easy to draw, not so easy to shade though. I'm glad he wasn't 10 feet long. That would have been a lot of curves to draw :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer of Colour #3