Too Much Blue?

Blue Owls Copyright Jennifer Rose PhillipBlue Owls Copyright Jennifer Rose Phillip

*steals blog back from Mr.Fuzzy the pirate and hides the parrot feathers :p*

Finished the back owl and almost finished the front owl. I still need to darken up the shadow on the taller owl and put some more light feathers on the smaller one. Suggestion anyone?

The taller owl is about 3.5 inches tall, so not a whole lot of room to work with. I could try to add all of the feathers, but I don't want to drive myself insane :p I still need to decide on how I am going to crop the image. Either a long narrow crop, or a square crop so the birds are just off centre.

And I will admit I watch Strictly Come Dancing. I just love seeing all of the dancer's costumes and the fast dances. They look like a lot of fun, and I would probably kill myself if I tried to dance like that lol (I can't dance. At all) Makes me really want to take a belly dancing class. Maybe next year. Once I start doing pilates everyday I get in shape so fast. Just hard to get in the habit of doing it everyday. (and not eating candy helps too. I can walk past the candy aisle now and not even want to buy anything :p)

My favorite dance from last year :)




I will try not to post too many dance videos :)

Comments

  1. the owls are coming along beautifully! i love looking at the progress!

    I also like strictly but find the judges are taking over the show!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. they are getting a little annoying, but I can't stand Bruce. He drives me insane :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm also a sucker for dancing shows. The energy!!

    If you're worried about too much blue with the owls, maybe add a bit of complimentary (orangy-browns?) color in the shadow or one some of the feathering? It could be really subtle, but could really make it pop nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You love choosing difficult things methinks...I don't think I could comment on the blue until owls are done. They may work great on a cool background......

    ReplyDelete
  5. using orange was a good idea, thanks :)

    I think I finished the owls, not going to cut the paper until I am sure though. I don't want to cut away any of the background now that its finished. Its too pretty :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer of Colour #3