Another Bug to Squash

Scarab WIP Copyright Jennifer Rose Phillip

No, I only squish cockroaches (well try to :p), and we don't have any here. There is a huge spider in the outside hallway, but its way out of reach to squish and is keeping any bugs that are alive out of the flat.

Houses here on the whole don't have screen in the windows, which I thought was really odd when I first came here. Its odd not to have windows with screens in Canada.

So started to colour the scarab today. I wasn't going to burnish this, but I didn't like the texture of the coloured areas so thought blending the layers would look better. It does. :) Going to keep the colour scheme really simple. Only reds and blues, with bit of green used in the shadows to darken the areas.

Scarab #? doesn't sound like much of a title :p

Comments

  1. Oooh I will have to think of a name...scarab!!
    Lovely start to this. I never squish anything...well I don't like roaches but you don't get to mmany here :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not really squeamish and generally leave the bugs alone, but I go screaming and running away like a little sissy girl if I see maggots :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually I have gone fishing so many times, I am even ok with maggots....
    I am not too keen on ragworms, the little ****** bite!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great spider doing his job and keeping the other insects out :).

    I found it weird when we went to France and they had screens but I can understand why as they have mosquitos :(... I'm glad we don't here

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate spiders! Hate them!
    but I do love your scarabs!
    that sounds a bit icky LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ragworms bite!?! o.0 good to know. I've been fishing a lot too, but can never use maggots :p no problem using worms, maggots just really creep me out ugh

    I'm glad there are no mosquitoes here, its so nice having a summer where you are not scratching your legs from the bites.

    lol thanks tina :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer of Colour #3