Books at a Glance

Various ACEO drawings ready to copy and colour Copyright Jennifer Rose Phillip

Some people might consider this cheating but I like having the basic composition drawn for the ACEOs that I do. Even if they are from a photograph its easier to have the image drawn the size you need it and then transfer it to your paper instead of stoping and starting over again once you have tried to fit it in the small space. At least this way if I can't find anything to draw I have line art ready to go when needed.

So I thought I would take some of the books I have been reading since I started writing them down, (sept, this year) and do a short little book review of them. Very short :p

  • Tess of the d'urbervilles by Thomas Hardy Well that was depressing :/
  • Alias Grace by Margaret Atwood bit of a mystery to this did she or didn't she story. I do think its interesting that no one really knows what happened to her in the end
  • Eldest by Christopher Paolini Poor man's fantasy story? But can't stop reading it :p
  • Seduced by Moonlight by Laurell K.Hamilton Can't go wrong with sex and faeries :p
  • Fallen Skies by Philippa Gregory a bit different from the other books I have read by her, but still entertaining
  • Desperation by Stephen King little evil stone carvings that make people go mad. Well thats the short short version
  • Gerald's Game by Stephen King ok she is handcuffed to a bed and there might be a crazy killer on the loose and someone gets eaten by a dog. Honestly someone getting eaten by a dog was the most exciting part of this :/ the rest was just funny, and not funny in a good way
I didn't actually read a lot these past few months, been hard to find the time. I use to read a book a day, but have been trying to draw more then read :)

Comments

  1. Love the line drawings..the grizzly is best though..I was laughing so much at ur book reviews. I hated Thomas Hardy with a passion, how to feel suicidal quickly, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how anyone can read any of his stuff if its all like Tess is :/ I kept hoping for some kind of happy ending, didn't have to be perfect but it would have been nice if something went right for the girl for once

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rose! I just saw the comment you left on my blog- are you going to join us for the Photo a Day challenge? We'd love to have you join in and I will add your blog to the list if let me know which blog addy to use.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Linda :)
    I would love to join everyone for the Photo a Day challenge. Thisblog addy is the one to use Thanks :D Looking forward to everyone's photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. pretty pictures! and I love your book reviews!

    have a fab 2009 my lovely xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer of Colour #3