I'm Singing in the Rain, I'm Singing....

After spending the last 3 days inside because the weather was crap I thought screw it I'm going for a walk. It didn't look like it was raining that hard, a light mist at most. Yeah well by the time I got to Mr.Fuzzy's work I was soaked :p Whats an umbrella? :p

I would love for it to snow because at least then it looks pretty for awhile. The wet roads just look dirty, muddy and oily (and would it kill people to clean up after their dogs?!?!).

Normally you can see the hills in the distance but the fog (haar. I sound like a pirate when I say this lol) is hiding the view. I'm waiting for a clear day to go back up the hill to try to get some more picture up there and some of the dyke for Leslie. But if it doesn't look likes its going to be a nice day, I'll just have to go up one day its not raining. I would def. fall down the muddy hill in the rain :p It is really cool when you see the fog rolling down the hills and mountains. Like it has a mind of its own.

I think its the name of the house behind this wall. There are a few houses around here that have names. Either the house had a name when it was built years ago (I'm talking like 100 years), or was given a name to make it look/sound more posh. Can't see this house, I'm too short to see over the wall :p

Untitled Copyright Jennifer Rose Phillip

Very small update on the Allsorts. I don't actually think I have ever eaten those blue and pink sprinkled covered ones. I think the next candy still life that I will do will be Polos. Just no guarentee that the subject will last that long after I take the photos :p

Comments

  1. Your weather sounds like ours. Ugh! I love that sign on the wall. The wall itself is pretty cool too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love to take walks with you through your pictures! Everyone showing so many interesting views on sometimes ordinary things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice photos and I love the Allsorts. Very very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. p.s. Your art is really nice, saw the sidebar photos. I'll have to go find more of your art to look at later.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm enjoying seeing the progression on the Allsorts..

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a lovely walkway in spite of the fog. I enjoy seeing what some people call their homes. Too bad you couldn't see behind the wall.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous4:57 pm

    I love your first photo and can imagine how beautiful it would be in Spring or Summer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice progress on your candy work. Hope your rain stops soon and you get some sunny days.

    One of my all time pet peeves is people who don't pick up their dogs waste. It is so inconsiderate and such boorish behavior. We have a small container of bags that clips onto our leashes so we always have poop bags handy when they are needed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes we've had a few of those rainy overcast days too. It's really a drag not to see the sun for days.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope the sun shines on you soon. I always feel out of sorts on the days that we get no sunshine at all.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous1:14 am

    I like the rain photo but I can imagine how awesome it would have looked if the sun would have at least peeked out before you snapped. I like the wall with the name too, wonderful texture there. Your alsorts is very interesting to me and I'll be watching for the polo's one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous5:45 pm

    The Allsorts drawing is looking good!
    I am enjoying the photos.
    Tread carefully when going after those dyke pictures! You are a sweetheart.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Are those licorice allsorts? I like them all, including the ones covering in pink and blue sprinkles. I haven't had them in years.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer of Colour #3