This is My Brain

This is so cool!! I asked for a copy of one of my MRIs so I could possibly do something with the images for college,and I was given a disc today with the last MRI I had done on it. Lot of images, and I can't read them, but there are so many that I really want to make a gif out of some of them so people can see how the images progress as the machine scans.

I love looking at things like this. I find it so interesting seeing how things all fit together. From what I have read tho, I think that those 2 lighter grey areas on the left are lesions. I know I have one on the left side of my brain on/in my cerebellum. Which makes a lot of sense since that is the part of your brain that controls motor control, (which is a big problem for me :/).

And a top view where you can see all of the brain fold and more lesions, (the ovalish white spots). I want to try some image printing with these, so hopefully that works out :)


Comments

  1. Amazing .... if you squint you can see all sorts of little faces in the images LOL ...
    Isn't medical science wonderful - and just 40 years ago none of this was possible

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah science is cool :D I think its the artist brain kicking in finding images like this fascinating :)

      Delete
  2. OMG, something about seeing my MRIs totally freaks me out! And that image where you can see your nose?! [shudder]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sorry, it is very odd to look at some parts of them :(

      i didnt see mine until over a year after i was diagnosed because the computers were not working that day

      Delete
  3. It is pretty amazing, and you have confirmation of having a brain which is good and reminds me of the very old joke about having a brain scan, and they found nothing there!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know, when i have a bad time remembering things and people look at me like an idiot i can show them this as proof there is a brain in my head :p

      Delete
  4. Wow! Pics of your brain. Yes, that is exciting. Plus now I can say you look just like a walnut. You can also take "self portrait" to a whole new level.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah i am going to use these for self portraits at college :)

      Delete
  5. Okay, so don't get mad at me, but that first image looks just like the bottom of a horse's foot, sans the frog. Lol! Don't think I want a picture of my brain. It's a scary thought.

    ~Nancy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer of Colour #3