Panic!!!

Deleted my Google+ account and thought I had deleted the whole blog as well. Total meltdown and panic stations, couldn't log in at all.
John noticed that the blog was still online and he could log in, so obviously I hadn't killed the blog. However my account name was showing as "unknown", he couldn't remove my account from the blog either oddly despite blogger saying "deleted" (was going to try remove and readd to see if it unborked it)
I then tried an old link I had saved for blogger and it prompted me to choose a display name, did that and everything seems to be working as normal again.
So looks like I had my blogger account tied to Google+ and me deleting Google+ borked something, luckily recoverable though.
Heart stopping moment along with my usual deflection "I was gonna quit anyway" (John saw through that lie in under a second :P )
Backup user account created as a precaution against further issues....

Comments

  1. This is a good warning to others if they have their blogger account tied to Google+ to remove that link first! I backup my blog on blogger every 3 months for what it is worth. I mean hopefully I could restore it somehow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christine, you probably could restore it with all the backups :)

      Delete
  2. Too close for comfort... Happy days now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I’m happy I never linked my blog to Google+. I’m always worrying about free stuff disappearing. I back up my blog once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super scary! Glad you're good now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was a good thing ~ now can go directly to your blog ~ Google+ is on the way out as you know ~

    Happy Day to you,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer of Colour #3