Odin Take 2

"Odin and his Toy" Copyright Jennifer Rose Phillip
Graphite 14 by 17 Inches


Another graphite drawing of the neighbours dog. About an hours work, couple more to go. Its a lot bigger than I had planned, but I had to use the bigger paper due to the height of his toy. Its a full body drawing of him laying down, and he does look cross eyed but it really is like that in the ref. picture. I need to darken the far eye up, and fix it so it doesn't look so cross eyed. Working this size I think is actually easier, I can be a little more loose with the pencil strokes so it gets finished quicker.

Its actually pretty funny to watch him lay down. His owner just says "down" and he throws his whole body to the ground, unless you have an orange in your hands and than the drool starts to flow. I thought our Rottie was the only one who would do anything for an orange until a few weeks ago when I told Odin's owner about Luka eating oranges. She brought out an orange and you would have thought she had a piece of prime steak in her hand there was so much drool. His eyes never left that peice of fruit. The joys of dogs where even your fruit can be stolen off the table while your back is turned, while the piece of bacon still sits there. That is, until you get up to see if the orange rolled off the table and than the bacon goes the same way as the orange.

Technorati Tags: , ,

Comments

  1. My dog was begging for blueberries this morning! By the 8th blueberry, I was wondering about his "bear" heritage. ( I checked out his blue tongue, too. )
    Wanting oranges is VERY different. Can't say I've ever heard of, or seen that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't seen it before either. I've had dogs eat veggies before, but never fruit. Luka wouldn't eat strawberries though, would spit them out but he kept trying to eat it until it was mush.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer of Colour #3