Gumballs Finished

Run Away Gumballs Copyright Jennifer Rose Phillip"Run Away Gumballs" Copyright Jennifer Rose Phillip
Derwent Coloursofts on Daler Rowney Murano paper
Roughly A4

Finished the gumballs. I would love to darken up certain areas, but the paper will not take any more coloured pencil with out ripping. I do love this paper, but because it can only take at the most, I have found 5 layers, I really have to choose where each stroke goes well before hand.

I do really like the way this has turned out. I am tempted to try colouring this again in a few months to see if I have improved with reflections by then. Usually keep the line art for any coloured pencil work I do, just in case I mess up at any stage of the colouring, so I would just have to transfer this and start again. Of course I could try drawing some other type of candy, but trying to find one that won't get eaten in the drawing process would be really hard. Damn sweet tooth and my love of sugar (and chocolate. Chocolate here taste a lot better than it does in Canada. Even when its the same type of chocolate bar, which doesn't make a lot of sense to me).

Todays Scottish word and keeping with the farm animal theme:
1) Cuddy

Answer to yesterdays Scottish phrase:
1) Coo= "Cow" I was going to write it is pronounce "moo" but thought that would give the answer away. :)

Links:
Gumballs#1
Gumballs#2
Gumballs#3

Comments

  1. Anonymous10:18 pm

    I'm going to guess on the cuddy having to do with something that chews its cud? I can't think of something cuddly that chews its cud...
    You could always draw marbles, and resist the urge to eat them:)
    I'm glad you like the results of the picture. It's great!
    Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought Cuddy meant something that chews cud too, but I was wrong :/

    Yeah, I could draw marbles. They certainly can have lots of colours in the glass to make an interesting drawing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This turned out great Jennifer, even if you did eat some of it! How did you like working with the coloursofts, I've heard they're really nice?

    I know what you mean about the chocolate. The yogurt over there is awesome as well, I could eat it non-stop. Damn the over-processed North American food.

    I'm not sure about Cuddy, I would've guessed something that chews cud as well. I'll take a stab in the dark and say 'duck' because it just seems so off base...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the Coloursofts. I actually like them more than prismas, but I do wish they had a few more colours. The colour lays down very smooth and even, and so far I haven't had one break on me, even after I dropped the tin. If I didn't have almost 2 full 120 tins of prismas to use, I would just use the Coloursofts.

    Nope not a duck, much bigger. :) Even though the ducks and geese around here are huge.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer of Colour #3