Untitled Horse

I don't really have a title for this yet, but I have at least figured out how I am going to try to finish it. Going to use my Graphitints, so graphite, but if I want I can use water on them. Its not 100% correct, the tack had to be modified slightly, but if I wanted 100% I would have just traced a printed copy of the photo. Nothing wrong with doing that, just felt like drawing a horse rather than tracing one.

And yes, I don't have a problem when a person traces an image, skill still shows in how the image is finished. Yes, I do think a person should have at least basic drawing skills, should know colour theory and walk before they run when it comes to art. Nothing will help a person with finishing a piece of work if the basics are not there first. But tracing can be another tool to help those skills develop if used right and not abused. Nothing beats practicing drawing what is actually right in front of you.

Comments

  1. wonderful sketch ~ excellent work ~ thanks for visiting ~

    artmusedog and carol
    Have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer of Colour #3